What’s New in Iris 1.11
This document explains the new/changed features of Iris in version 1.11
(View all changes.)
Iris 1.11 Features
- If available, display the STASH code instead of unknown / (unknown) when printing cubes
with no standard_name and no units.
- Support for saving to netCDF with data packing has been added.
- The coordinate system iris.coord_systems.LambertAzimuthalEqualArea has been added with NetCDF saving support.
- Fixed a floating point tolerance bug in iris.experimental.regrid.regrid_area_weighted_rectilinear_src_and_grid()
for wrapped longitudes.
- Allow iris.util.new_axis() to promote the nominated scalar coordinate of a cube
with a scalar masked constant data payload.
- Fixed a bug where iris.util._is_circular() would erroneously return false
when coordinate values are decreasing.
- When saving to NetCDF, the existing behaviour of writing string attributes as ASCII has been
maintained across known versions of netCDF4-python.