What’s new in Iris 1.2
|Date:||7th March 2013
This document explains the new/changed features of Iris in version 1.2.
(View all changes.)
Iris 1.2 features
A summary of the main features added with version 1.2:
- The GRIB hindcast interpretation of negative forecast times can be enabled
via the iris.fileformats.grib.hindcast_workaround flag.
- The NIMROD file loader has been extended to cope with orography vertical
- The deprecated iris.cube.Cube.unit and iris.coords.Coord.unit
attributes have been removed.
- The iris.coords.Coord.unit_converted() method has been deprecated.
Users should make a copy of the coordinate using
iris.coords.Coord.copy() and then call the
iris.coords.Coord.convert_units() method of the new coordinate.
- With the addition of the var_name attribute the signatures of DimCoord and
AuxCoord have changed. This should have no impact if you are providing
parameters as keyword arguments, but it may cause issues if you are relying
on the position/order of the arguments.
- Iteration over a Cube has been deprecated. Instead,
users should use iris.cube.Cube.slices().